Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I suffer from ME/cfs I keep getting colds and flu which put

I suffer from ME/cfs I keep getting colds and flu which put me to bed for weeks. I eat health and try some exercise like swimming to help my muscles. I dont know what to do help myself anymore. My doctor is reluctant to give me flu jab as he says it may have given me ME/CFS in the beginning. I dont seem to get any surport from my doctors anymore as they dont seem to have any answers. Have you any advice to help me please.
Kind regards Maggie

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Since how long are you having these symptoms?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Welcome

Customer:

Iv had Me/Cfs for 12years. The colds and flu for the last five years on and off. They are making my Me/cfs unbearable as I cant seem to get any way forward. I do get good times with my condition but Im put streight back with the virus,s I keep getting. I also keep getting lots of cold sores. thankyou

Dr. Shahzad MD :

When was the last time you had a flu jab?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you had any other tests like thyroid hormones, adrenal hormones ruling out adrenal fatigue.

Customer:

I was working as a medical secretary 12years ago and had the flu jab then. I also had a water infection. So it may be just coinsidence but i colapsed a few days after the flu jab, and was in hospital with severe limb weakness and fatique,plus brain symptoms. I had many many test over a long period. Some doctors said it was M/S some said M/E and other just not sure. I was in a wheelchair for two years. I have since then recovered to a degree, but these viruses are starting to push me back again, which is frightening me. I do think iv had most test possible but not sure on the adrenal hormone?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that with the kind of fatigue that you are having that you should have adrenal hormones especially the cortisol checked.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

morning evening cortisol followed by synthetic ACTH stimulation test is required.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Plus I would also recommend trying hormone replacement treatment with estrogen as after menopause these symptoms do tend to worsen and estrogen replacement may help.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

A referral to an endocrinologist would be best.

Customer:

Thankyou for your advice. I will go back to my GP and ask. Would you recommend any supplement that may help me in the mean time

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are doing all the right things

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You can may be take more multivitamins but I think you are doing enough already.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You need to be tested further and be referred like I mentioned.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Tip/bonus is always appreciated.
Good bye :)

Customer:

Ok Thankyou