How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Hi, I was diagnosed and treated for PID once and also treated

This answer was rated:


I was diagnosed and treated for PID once and also treated again with another suspected case although not confirmed. I am concerned about my fertility as have been trying for a year now to no luck and was told at the time it could effect my fertility. I would like to do a private test, I have seen there is a test available AMH blood test - would this test actually be beneficial in related to my previous medical history as to wether or not I should be able to have children?
A blood test is not going to assess if your tubes are blocked from infection.

Are you up to date on exams?

Have you had any other testing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

exams? What do you mean, yes I thought it might not be the answer. No I have not had any other test my GP was awful when I went to ask and said just keep trying naturally.

You should see an obstetrician or fertility expert at this point.

You need one of the three tests listed on this page

These will show if you have tubal disease and if this is the problem.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].
DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you