How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36110
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

male age 69,lower abdominal pains for 3weeks,pains more persistent

This answer was rated:

male age 69,lower abdominal pains for 3weeks,pains more persistent keeping me awake, some relieve after urinating
Hi--can you tell me more about the type of pain and exactly where it's located? Is it constant? How are your bowel movements?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

across center lower abnoman now constant

Any fever Gordon? And may I ask why you haven't seen a doctor about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no fever just continuous dull pain I do not like to be a nusense

OK Gordon. At this point it certainly wouldn't be a nuisance to any doctor to see you about this. I can only give you possibilities here but you definitely need to be evaluated just as soon as possible. My first thought is your prostate gland which may not only be enlarged but may also be infected and that would take antibiotics to resolve. If you haven't had a colonoscopy as yet you need one in case this is a colon problem like a fecal impaction, diverticulitis, or even cancer. Doesn't sound like appendicitis here. You need blood work, a urinalysis, a digital (finger) prostate check, a ct of the abdomen and the colonoscopy. This could be fairly serious so I suggest you contact your doctor about it today if at all possible.
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you