How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

my husband is suffering with ibs and diverticulitis but also

Customer Question

my husband is suffering with ibs and diverticulitis but also has a low blood count . it is now becoming more accute and needs to be near a toilet whenever we go out . also suffers extreme pain. he is 87 years old but would otherwise be able to get about .please could you help
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information:
Is he having diverticulitis or diverticulosis?
What is he taking for the diverticulitis?
Has he been tried on any other medicines for the IBS?
How low was the blood count? Can you provide the full report of the blood count?
Has there been any tests to assess the cause of the low blood count, such as an iron profile? If so, could you provide those results also?