How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hasan Your Own Question
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8751
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Hasan is online now

My son for probably the last year at least, when standing up

This answer was rated:

My son for probably the last year at least, when standing up from a sitting position sometimes is very dizzy.This has now progressed to being dizzy and also shaking of the arms a bit like a fit.Whole procedure only lasts few mins.(has only so far happened twice)but both within last 2weeks.He is 36 and generally very fit.I am quite worried and have advised him to go and see his doctor
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you.

Does he feel spinning sensation while being dizzy or feel unsteady ?
Any ear ringing or decreased hearing?
Has he checked his blood pressure?
What are your specific questions about his problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am only going by what he has told me ,which is the info I have already given you, he has never mentioned ringing or decreased hearing and don't think his blood pressure has been checked, he is unaware I am asking you

Thanks a lot for your input. I am really sorry to hear about his problem. Dizziness comes from three systems of the body mainly. Ears, Heart (including blood pressure) and Brain. Ear disorders are not likely according to your description. Dizziness which is felt while standing from a sitting position can be related to blood pressure fluctuation but association with shaking arm is something which makes brain lesions likely too. He must go to doctor to get this checked. He must go to a GP first and get MRI of the brain and EKG first. Further consultation from a neurologist/neurosurgeon or a cardiologist can be decided according to the results of the tests. Till he visit his doctor he can try over the counter available tab meclizine thrice daily for three days for symptomatic control but this is not something he can ignore and must be very vigilant to get this checked. Good thing in his history is presence of symptoms for last one year which makes aggressive lesions less likely. I have tried to address all aspects of his problems but please let me know if you want to ask anything else. I wish him good luck that he gets well soon. My best wishes and prayers are for him. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
Dr. Hasan and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you