How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35528
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I find my stomach to be quiet sensitive, I have found that

This answer was rated:

I find my stomach to be quiet sensitive, I have found that taking a Tumms (calcium) tablet will help, but is not a permeant fix. If I drink certain alcohols (such as a shot of tequila) I have an immediate reflex to puke; this is not from a disliking of the alcohol, or from having too much to drink. I was told in 2008 that I had a stomach ulcer, but that was just from a physical examination (no internal examination).
Hi--can you tell me more about this sensitivity? Are you having indigestion and heartburn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can wake up and find i have some light heartburn, and I do tend to burp a lot throughout the day

Jack--does anything besides alcohol cause the nausea problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the only other time i can think of is when i haven't eaten, when i become hungry, and still don't eat, I can start to feel sick

OK Jack. First off I can't see how a physical exam can determine someone has an ulcer but it definitely sounds like you have a problem with gastric reflux and you may also either have a peptic ulcer or an infection with H pylori--the so-called ulcer bug. At this point your could try daily Zantac or Prilosec but I strongly suggest you see a gastroenterologist for the H pylori screen (that can be eradicated with antibiotics) and an upper endoscopy to look for esophageal damage and the possible ulcer
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you