How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36099
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

After 6 months of ongoing hip Pain which is occuring also on

This answer was rated:

After 6 months of ongoing hip Pain which is occuring also on resting I was recently referred for an ultrasound which has shown tendinopothy and bursitis. What is the best treatment for this I am already taking regular ibuprofen and painkillers, and have regular appointments with chiropractor due to long standing lower back pain. So far this has not helped relieve pain in hip.
Hi--let me first ask have you had any therapy at all specifically for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just regular chiropractor appointments who goes through gentle exercises for both back and hip a dull regular pain relief.

OK Charlie. You need a referral to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a customized treatment program that would include many more modalities besides just gentle exercises and that treatment would be hands on by the MD himself. You might also benefit from cortisone injections. I don't think you'll need to see a surgeon about this and in time with the right treatment you should have relief of your symptoms
Dr. Chip and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you