How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36112
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I am 40 years old and I have one twice the size of

This answer was rated:

I am 40 years old and I have one testicle twice the size of the other. My girlfriend and I want children and have been trying for 6 months. My girlfriend is 38. Could I be infertile? I have had no problems in the past with infections or any problems that may affect my fertility.
Hi--has a doctor ever remarked on the large testicle and have you ever had an ultrasound on it? Also--have you had any fertility tests for your sperm count and sperm motility, and has your girlfriend been checked for her possible infertility?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. Girlfriend has been checked and no problems found

OK Brian--probably nothing wrong with the enlarged testicle especially since you've had it for so long. Even if there were a problem with it, the other testicle, if it were normal, would still allow you to be fertile. That said, you should have a sperm fertility screen and testosterone levels checked. If those are normal, it could be that mother nature just hasn't been on your side and if you just continue to try to conceive it will happen eventually--sometimes that can take quite some time
Dr. Chip and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you