How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58762
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

Hi I have a small blister on my which has been there

This answer was rated:

Hi I have a small blister on my breast which has been there on and off for 2 months it did come up a couple of years ago after I went on a long walk and I think the handle of my bag caused friction as it was across my body. However recently a slightly raised lump appeared which looked like a blister so I rubbed it and then it came up bigger and went dark purple. I did go and see my gp who said it wasnt anything to worry about but if it doesn't go down to see him again. I did go down and blood went but still small raised area so I touched it again and it has come up again as a smaller blister. Do you think in time it will go and should just leave alone and stop touching it?
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

yes, this is probably nothing to worry about

It is an area that is commonly irritated.

I would monitor it and leave it alone and see what happens

If you would like, you can attach a picture and I can review it for you.

I know that is kind of invading your privacy but you can just do a close up of the skin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your advice I can't seem to attach a phot but will keep an eye on it. Do you know why it re occurs in same area and this time I don't this it was caused by friction?

That is strange. It could from your bra or underwear

It could also be something like shingles

Your doctor would know that though
Dr. Phil, MD and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you