How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36178
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I suffer from Erectile disfunction and premature ejaculation

This answer was rated:

I suffer from Erectile disfunction and premature ejaculation - apparently there is no medical cause (have been tested for prostate and testosterone and they are ok). I am in my mid 60s and woulod like to continue to have a good sex life.
Hi I understand your problem but may I ask what information about this would help you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to know if there are ways to overcome the issues without using medication

OK Neil. Can you tell me more about the ED--how much of an erection do you achieve? Are the Viagra and Cialis effective and have you seen a Urologist about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I get a full erection with Viagra and Cialis, but very little without - altho occasionally in the night (rarely) I get an erection. I have not seen a urologist - my GP did not seem to think it necessary

OK Neil--and we can continue after this if you need to. You need to see a Urologist for testing of the blood pressure and blood flow in your penis. After that there are penile injections consisting of a mixture of phentolamine, prostaglandin, and papaverine that produce a full erection within ten minutes and that erection can last for an hour and you won't lose it even if you ejaculate during that time. I realize in a way this is also a use of medication but that's the suggestion I would give to my patients
Dr. Chip and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you