How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58338
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

hi can you help please. my mother in law lives in lagos Nigeria

Customer Question

hi can you help please. my mother in law lives in lagos Nigeria and she is suffering from enlarged heart and is coughing blood, I was checking nhs website and it could be pulmonary odemeado you think that's what it is? the doctors there cant seem to help her. Do you no of any hospital maybe in Ghana who could helpher, if not can she get treatment here in uk, we will pay for her im just not sure if she is fit to travel.Do you think she needs to take diurectics?


Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is the information you require


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Yes it sounds like heart failure and pulmonary edema

If you can bringing her to the UK is a great option

If anything can be done hopefully it's there