Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

I have been suffering from excess wind and severe constipation

I have been suffering from excess wind and severe constipation over the past 3 weeks. I now have a constant ache on the bilini line area and the small amount of stools are covered in white mucus
Hi--I assume you've seen a doctor for this and, if so, what tests and studies were done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ive been to the docs 3 times and have now been refered to a specialist but as yet have not got an appointment so I am suffering and dont know what to do

OK Simone--so you didn't have any x-rays of the abdomen or maybe a ct scan? What did the doctors tell you about this problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are not sure. They say it may be some sort of polyps or diveticular but have refered me to a consultant. That was over a week ago!

OK Simone and we can continue after this if you need. This shouldn't be delayed by waiting for a consultant referral. You need the ct scan of your abdomen and blood work and treatment now. This could be what's called a fecal impaction--hard stool that's caught in your colon and only allowing some stool to get by, but it could be diverticulitis--inflammation and infection of a pouch in your colon. Either way it needs treatment now--antibiotics if it is diverticulitis, and colonoscopy and relieving the impaction if that's the problem. I can only tell you what I would do here but you need to get back to your doctors and let them know about how you're suffering here so they can take action now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I can call the docs tomorrow as its Sunday. At the moment I have the feeling in my bum that i want to go but cant squeeze anything. How can I relieve this until I can call

You can try plenty of fluids including prune juice and a laxative suppository for now Simone but I wouldn't advise an oral laxative. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I will see If I have any laxative suppositorys in the house. I am already drinking lots of fluids

Again--press your doctors to take care of this and let me know what happens. Remember to rate my service please Simone