Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have been with up-and-down fever for about one week. Only

I have been with up-and-down fever for about one week. Only the second and third days it was quite high: 100.94 F (= 38.3 C)

I haven't taken any medicines. My temperature is still oscillating between: 97.88 F and 99.14 F ( = 36.6 and 37.3 C)

I still have some sore throat and it looks like I get more easily than usual stomach aches by drinking coffes.

The first two days I also had gastrointestinal symptoms: flatulence and bad digestion.

Now mainly sore throat.

What is it? Is it a virus?

Will it go away by itself? Why is it taking so long?
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

Yes, this is a virus

It seems to be improving.

It should get better on its own

If it doesn't, you may need tested for strep throat.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So if it's a virus, can it have made my stomach more easily affected by stomach pain after coffes? Or it's unrelated?

yes absolutely
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)