How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I have parkinsons but am usually fit and well, I work and go

Customer Question

I have parkinsons but am usually fit and well, I work and go to the gym and walk my dog. The last week or two I have gone down hill suddenly, I am freezing badly and hafing great difficulty even walking.. My tremor is terrible. my consultant is away. help
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You most likely need a medication adjustment....

What is your question about this situation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--I noticed you relisted. You need to know that this is a give and take forum--we may need to ask questions to get the information we need before we give you an answer. Do you have a primary care doctor? What medication are you taking? Do you have other medical conditions?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
In fact if your doctor is out of town, we can not treat you.

If you tell me what medications you are on I can help further.

However, you should call the answering service of your doctors practice.

Your dose needs to be increased, I assume sinemet, or you need an additional medication.

MOre importantly, you need an exam now, to make sure there is no other problem.

I suggest urgent care or the ER.

Stroke and other problems need to be excluded.
Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. ( Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.