Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

I had a wrist injury whisk liftoff heavy weights at the gym.

I had a wrist injury whisk liftoff heavy weights at the gym. I have an x-Ray and want to know if I need a card or I can do with bandage ..
Hi--what was the reading on the x-ray?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there a way I can upload a picture of it. I don't understand it as I'm not a Dr :)
You can use the paperclip icon on this page or otherwise post it at Snapfish, Imageshack, or Photobucket and give me the link
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry Rakan--that link didn't work--can you try again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you please try again

I just tried it and it worked
Got it that time--can you tell me what your symptoms are?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Wrist hurt in specific position. For example having the palm perpendicular to the ground is fine, doesn't hurt, but trying to twist it to have the plam facing the calling or the floor hurts a lot..the pain is at the other end opposit to the thump
OK Rakan. I don't see any fracture so it's likely this is just a sprain and that doesn't need casting, just some immobilization either with a wrist splint or an elastic bandage. That said, since I can only go by the films you should have a doctor look at them and at your wrist for safety's sake
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Dr. I'll try to get a dr to look at it. If I go with the bandage option, how long I should stay away from weight lifting and gym

Thanks a lot
I'd wait at least five days for the sprain to resolve Rakan before you resume the weight lifting. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Dr Chip

I had been putting on the immobiliser since then. Still when trying to carry or lift anything the wrist hurts ..

Should I take the immobiliser away or should I keep it on
Hi Rakan. I'd stick with the immobilizer for another two weeks.