How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I have severe lower back pain. And both my shoulders keep popping

Customer Question

I have severe lower back pain. And both my shoulders keep popping out what should I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.



Go directly to a specific type of MD Physical medicine and rehabilitation.




These are medical doctors but they are more trained in structural assessment. They can see what is wrong with muscle and spine, and look for any medical illnesses as well.


This is likely structural/spine related.


If you give me your city and state I can find you a list.


PM&R doctors are also called physiatrists, and they are now plentiful.


If you google this and your city/state then you will find some.



Do this right away...get the assessment.


You will most likely need physical therapy but other therapies as well. You might need an MRI of the spine.



The doctor can also do blood testing and examination to rule out muscle disease, kidney problems, or other organ problems such as panreatic and gallbladder.



Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert]. Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].