How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35497
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have injured my while making love. There is no pain. I

Customer Question

I have injured my penis while making love.

There is no pain.

I can urinate ok.

When my penis is erect it is curved at the end of it.

What can I do to straighten it....will this happen naturally in time?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--are you saying that this just recently occurred? How much of a curve? How exactly did you injure it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This happened in October last year.


My partner "was on top" and bent my penis by accident.


It was uncomfortable but not painful.


The curve is noticeable and I am embarrassed by it.


It also makes entry into the vagina awkward.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Steve. This is called Peyronie's disorder and it often occurs after an injury. A plaque--a hard spot--develops on the tunica--the interior wrapping of the penis--and that causes the bend. There is nothing you can do on your own to try to correct this and you really shouldn't try anything since that could make it worse. You need to see a urologist about this because there are effective injectable medications like verapamil, interferon, and Xiaflex that can dissolve the plaque and get rid of the curve