Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I suffer systemic lupus and here of late I am having attacks

I suffer systemic lupus and here of late I am having attacks of pains in my hands and elbows when I do anything repetitive.can you please help
Hi--is this new for you and is the pain in the hands just in the joints themselves? Do you take anything specific for your lupus?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
And the pain is only during the times that you're doing repetitive motions? And again is this just a recent occurrence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Only when I am doing something repetiitive or when I lift or carry anything heavy.Yesi it is a symptom that has just developed over the last week
OK Ann. Of course one of the symptoms of systemic lupus is joint pain but if this is cropping up so suddenly it's more likely a case of bursitis and maybe some ordinary arthritis. You should have you doctor check things out but for now you can try some topical capsaicin cream, glucosamine/chondroitin, and Omega 3 fatty acid supplements