How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9550
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

i have trouble with my right heel i have been told i need to

Customer Question

i have trouble with my right heel i have been told i need to have an injection in my heel which is very painful is there any other treatment i can try i don't like needle's
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

The injection is most likely of cortisone, which is a steroid and an anti inflamatory agent, used to treat chronic inflamatory conditions of the heel and these relieve the sufferer of the pain for at least 6 months in most cases. Short of that, there are oral pain killers and anti inflamatory drugs that can provide relief from the pain for 8 to 24 hours at the most.
The best way to avoid the needle prick, if that bothers you, is to ask your doctor to perform the injection after putting on a local anesthetic emulsion like EMLA on the heel first, that will anesthesize (numb) the heel area and you will not feel the prick of the needle.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, reply back.