Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States

I had a microdisectomy 4 and half moths ago. Last monday i

I had a microdisectomy 4 and half moths ago. Last monday i fell forward on a concrete path. I felt the impact in my whole body but had no pain , until today. Have slight to medium pain in left buttock. Got my period today so hope it related to that but I am very worried Ive caused damage to my back.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

This is probably fine. You might have a muscle spasm there.

If it were a disc issue, I would expect sharp pain radiating down the buttock and possibly into the leg.

It would be a reasonable idea to get xrays to confirm the back is okay but I suspect you will be fine.

As long as you don't develop any more symptoms that is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

shall i continue to take anti inflammatory…. rest or walk around?… at 4 to 5 months post surgery is it still dangerous to have knocks to the body or can i consider myself back to "normal" , within reason/caution?

yes to anti inflammatory

yes to walking around

you are basically back to normal but surgery always creates a weak spot that is more prone to injury
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)