How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19321
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

I cant do for longer then two mint please help

Customer Question

I can't do sex for longer then two mint please help
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
How long has this been bothering you?
Are you having any other associated symptoms?
Have you already discussed this with your doctor or tried any treatment for this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I didn't tel no one I am bit shy


Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
How long has this been bothering you?
Are you having any other associated symptoms?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2 year ago after sex I feel like tired bit lazy I can't do mor then one time a day

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information.

When dealing with a man that is having early ejaculation, there should be some consideration of whether there is an underlying problem that is causing the symptoms. This is more commonly seen as a problem in men with certain mental health problems, such as anxiety and depression, but there also are certain physical health problems that can also cause this problem, such as inflammation of the prostate or urethra, nerve damage, or certain hormonal problems. I ask about any associated symptoms to identify whether any specific condition is suggested, but the other symptoms that you state are non-specific. In men in whom a specific underlying cause can be identified, the usual treatment is oriented towards that condition.

In many men, though, no specific condition can be identified, so treatment is oriented towards relief of the symptom. Some of this can be done with counseling, but this is typically more helpful if there is a mental health issue associated with the problem. Otherwise, the usual treatment is the use of a particular type of antidepressants, the SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors), as this has been shown to be helpful, even in men that are not having problems with depression. Actually, this is taking advantage of a common side effect. When prescribing SSRIs to men for depression, it was noted that one of the possible side effects was causing a delay in ejaculation. This can be bothersome for men that are having normal sexual function, so is listed as a side effect, but is a desired action in men with early ejaculation, so is the goal of treatment in these cases. However, the SSRIs are only available by prescription, so would typically require seeing your physician.

If you are wanting to consider a treatment that would not require seeing your physician, then there is an herbal supplement that works similarly to the SSRIs, called St John's wort. This supplement has mostly been studied for depression and it is not as potent as the SSRIs, so does not work for as many people, and this would also be true for other uses of SSRIs. So, it would not be the option that would be most likely to work, but it has the advantage of being something that you can try without seeing your doctor.

So, the usual approach to your symptoms would be to see your physician for an evaluation of other possible underlying conditions and if no other condition is identified to consider the use of SSRIs. But if you are wanting to avoid seeing your physician, then you can try the St John's wort to see if it works for you.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.