Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Does this look like Herpes? Its one sore, was never a cluster

Does this look like Herpes? It's one sore, was never a cluster of blisters, had gone a bit septic but that went with anti septic cream on cotton wool over night. Help!
Hi--can I see a photo if you have one?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have one but am unable to attach it - do you have an email address I can send to?

Also, it's just the one, it's not right inside, on the outer but in the crease if that makes sense

You can post it on Snapfish, Imageshack, or Photobucket and give me the link Lauren or you can email it to***@******.*** and they will email it to me but that may take an hour or more to get to me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will email a couple of photos across now thank you!
Great--I'll let you know as soon as I get them but please be patient
Got the photos Lauren--where is this located?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
On the left sift on the crease between the inner and outer lip
OK Lauren. Doesn't look like herpes. It looks more like an inflammatory eczema or perhaps folliculitis--hair shaft infection. That said, since I can only go by the photos, you should have a doctor take a look at this
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. Could it be from sweat/rubbing?
Yes and that would be the inflammatory eczema. I'd suggest cortisone cream followed by the talc three times a day for a week to treat it properly