How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36125
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I am a 22 year old female. I am average weight and height.

This answer was rated:

I am a 22 year old female. I am average weight and height. For the past year I have had cramps that move from the upper left hand side to the middle of my groin. These occur on and around my period cycle but don't seem to have a frequency in when they occur. The cramps range from dull and aching to sharp shooting pains. I also have blood streaks and discharge throughout the month and it sometimes feels like a pulsing sensation near the entrance to my vagina. I know it is not an STI as I have never been sexually active. I know I don't drink enough water, I often spend 10/11 hours at work without urinating at all and it is often a dark yellow colour. I have tried drinking lots of water to see if it makes a difference however it hasn't. My general health hasn't been brilliant for several years, I often have a cold/flu and sometimes feel lethargic, nauseous and have headaches.

I just wondered what the options were and what tests would be involved as I was sexually abused as a child and have not been to a DR as I am petrified of intrusive examinations.
Hi. I can only give you possibilities here but you may have a problem either with ovarian cysts or possibly endometriosis--uterine tissue outside the uterus. To determine exactly what's going on you'd at least need blood work and either an ultrasound or a ct scan of the abdomen and pelvis.
Dr. Chip and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you