Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Which vitamins a good for stress, anxiety, depression, acne,

Which vitamins a good for stress, anxiety, depression, acne, low sex drive?
I'm currently taking 15mg of zinc per day and 500mg of vitamin d per day (as I dont get in the sun hardly at all). Any others I should be taking?
Hi. I'd suggest adding Vitamin E, B complex, a multivitamin, magnesium, and perhaps St John's Wort but you should discuss any supplements with your doctor before you begin them
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Do you think the two im taking are good too? I was looking at magnesium, is it good to take that at night to help with sleep?
Is St. Johns Wort bad if you drink alcahol?

Yes Jake, those are fine. Magnesium can also be helpful with sleep. As for St John's Wort, I'd suggest only drinking in moderation--no more than three drinks a week--while you were on it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK , cool. I probably will avoid St. Johns Wart as I drink quite heavily twice a week.. As for my diet I eat quite a lot of protein, try and have vegetables every day, don't eat much fruit.

Also, what do you think about 5HTP? Can this be taken with alcahol? It's something I had for sometime and it seemed very good. But I stopped 6 months ago.

5HTP should be fine and you can drink on that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wow cool! And please tell me the correct dosage for the vitamins that I need.

I'm currently taking 15mg of zinc, and 500mg of vit D.

The zinc is fine Jake but I'd up the vitamin D to 1000 mg a day. A simple B complex tab once a day. 200 mg of magnesium at night. 50 mg three times a day for the 5 HTP
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** in to these. They are all safe to take with a normal diet? Also, I drink twice a week and eat very little, would this make me deficent with anything?

All safe with a normal diet Jake. That amount of drinking wouldn't cause a deficiency. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you