Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

I have a CGT reading of 94, B12 of 995 and vit D 46.1 and had

I have a CGT reading of 94, B12 of 995 and vit D 46.1 and had swollen feet and legs for last 3 months. Is it possible to improve these levels and if so how please? Thank you
Hi--what about your other liver function tests and your kidney function tests--were they normal? Have you had your thyroid function tested too?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I take 50 mg thyroxine. I saw the kidney specialist as i thought that was the cause of my swollen feet. He ordered the following tests results as follows:

Vit d 4601

CGT 94

Creat 85

Vit B12 995

TSH 0.61

T4 17.9

eGFR 60

I have a kidney scan on Wednesday

OK Cathryn--may I ask exactly what you meant by improving the levels?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WEll along with the readings I've been given the tolerances for these readings and according to them they are mostly out of range:

Vit D should be 50 -150

ESR 1 - 18

CGT 1 - 42

Creat 45-84

B12 200-900

Its the CGT reading that has alarmed me the most and I am so weary of being weary and not sleeping, I should have said that I only sleep when I have taken Phenergan @ 25 mg

Just wanted to check. I does sound like you have a problem with your liver but without the other liver enzyme levels all I can say is the high GGT and the B12 levels point to that. You need further testing and an ultrasound of your liver to further define exactly what the problem is but you may be suffering from what's sometimes called fatty liver and that can be treated with proper diet and abstention from alcohol. You need to discuss all this with your doctor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is the high B12 rating linked to the liver underfunctioning and is that linked in any way to the low Vit D level please?

Yes the B12 level and the vitamin D levels are both linked to your liver function but neither of those are specifically causing your symptoms
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the information

My pleasure Cathryn but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am very worried as it appears to be quite serious - another sleepless night!