Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I started taking the birth control pill Yasminelle on day 19 of my cycle and am wondering

I started taking the birth control pill Yasminelle on day 19 of my cycle and am wondering how long I need to wait until I am safe from pregnancy during intercourse. The attached description mentions up to 7 days if you start on the 2nd day of your cycle but does not say anything about starting later. Hope you can help
Hi--you need to continue the pill as prescribed for now and wait for your next period. After that finishes you'll be protected