How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49156
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

i am having feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia

This answer was rated:

i am having feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia

Dr. Thomas, MD :


Dr. Thomas, MD :


Dr. Thomas, MD :

What is your question

Dr. Thomas, MD :

Please enter chat and respond

I still have not heard from you.

I need to know what your questions is.

Please use reply to expert and let me know

Were you having a problem getting into chat?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have not received your reply here or on my emails

You just replied to me.
I asked you what is your question?
I understand you have anxiety and claustrophobia.

So what is your medical question about the situation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i need to know what causes this condition and what medication you suggest in addition the tablets iam taking and you have details of the tablets all iam receiving is a message that a reply has been sent

The only thing I see is valerian root, correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i have not received an answer to my question
This is Dr. David

I see you have relisted the question for other experts to help

I am sorry you have anxiety and claustrophobia.

doctors don't know why some people have excessive anxiety and anxiety and claustrophobia.

however, it can be treated with medications and with psychotherapy and counseling.

but you have to see a doctor about it

there are SSRI agents such as zoloft and paxil which can help decrease your anxiety

there are also benzodiazepine medications like klonopin and valium which can help decrease your anxiety.

at your age of 86, you must have been dealing with these symptoms for a long time

are you willing to see a doctor to talk about treatments for your anxiety and claustrophobia symptoms?

you might need to consult with a psychiatrist if your symptoms are bad
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49156
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you



As i understand your question, you want to know what you can take in addition to what you are taking.In fact you should not have the above medications with valerian.


It is possible to have untoward reactions in that cause, and they should not be used together.


In fact, one starts with an SSRI or SNRI only if possible.


Benzodiazapines are for temporary use only, and are NOT an indicated long term treatment medically for what you have.


Any use of these together, or valerian with an SSRI, must be under close monitoring by a doctor, and is potentially dangerous.


In addition you would need therapy most likely, cognitive behavioral therapy which will reduce the need for medications.


There are other "natural" but evidence based methods for helping with this...


Which I can go into with you...

I am board certified in internal medicine and in integrative [use natural] medicine as well and can help you anytime by request.


Let me know if you have further questions.

Use reply to expert as needed.

Please do not forget a positive [hopefully excellent] rating.

I attempt to be prompt, accurate and excellent.