How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35590
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

My mother has constricted arteries and is 85 years old. I

Customer Question

My mother has constricted arteries and is 85 years old. I know there are surgical procedures that can be applied, but I am concerned about the risk of her not coming round. She is frial. Is there any medication she can take to help 'open up arteries' to give her quality of life?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--yes there are. The medications include Plavix, Xarelto, and an ACE inhibitor like Lisinopril She should discuss these with her doctor