How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Robert Your Own Question
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Robert is online now

Hi Im 43 year old woman Im slightly over waight and a smoker! I

This answer was rated:

Hi I'm 43 year old woman I'm slightly over waight and a smoker!
I have been having pain in my chest, between my shoulder blades, dizziness and palpitations for 3 days! Do I need to be concerned?
Dear customer

Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-

Does this pain aggravates with exertion?
Is there any numbness or tingling sensation in left arm or hand?
Do you have any known medical illness?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The pain between my shoulders dose and I'm getting out of breath quick there isn't any tingling or numbness tho

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms of chest pain,shoulder blades, dizziness and palpitations you are having since last 3 days can be due to angina.It occurs when heart is not getting enough blood and oxygen.It is most often caused by blockages in the arteries that supply blood to your heart.

Angina may feel like pressure or squeezing in your chest.Stable angina isn't a heart attack, but it makes a heart attack more likely in the future.

Another possibilities of such pain are:gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and esophageal spasm,musculoskeletal problems,anxiety and panic attacks.

All types of chest pressure or chest pain should be checked by the doctor to rule out any heart disease.

You need following tests:

-Electrocardiogram(EKG)& Stress EKG,
-Holter monitoring,
-Electrophysiological mapping

Yes,this is of concern.So for confirmation,I advice you to go to ER to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less,please reply back,I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should I wait for a doctors appointment or go straight to a a&e department ?
Dear customer
I do not think that you should wait for the doctor's appointment.

You should go straight away to Accident & Emergency department.Heart disease should be ruled out.

Treatment will then be done according to the cause.

I have seen that you have not rated my answer yet.Please do not forget to rate my answer as positive,as this is the only way by which we(experts) get paid for the service.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you *****
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you