How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4836
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

I have had cover from Denplan for a number of years. I now

This answer was rated:

I have had cover from Denplan for a number of years. I now have changed my dentist - my new one does some NHS treatment. Denplan are being very difficult re changing cover to my new dentist. They "recommend" a final examination at previous practice. I do not wish to do this and just want my insurance cover transferred. My new dentist gives a l0% reduction on non NHS work - previous one did not. Have written to previous dentist requesting the change and have writted twice to Denplan without any success. Would like advice.

Dr. K. : Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today. 1. Call your current dentist and have them complete a Patient Leaving Form. You may need to go to a final examination if yiu have any outstanding treatment even if you dont want it done
Dr. K. : 2. Call 0800 401 402 or email denplan to cancel the contract with your current dentist. This takes 21 days
Dr. K. : 3. Call your new dentist to complets an application. Sign a contract. And set up an appt
Dr. K. : Hope this helps
Dr. K. and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you