How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

Does living close to a large composting sites pose any health

This answer was rated:

Does living close to a large composting sites pose any health risks to small children?
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
It should not cause any problems if they are doing all that carefully and observing environmental laws and regulations.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How about the presence of bioaerosols in the air within 100m, does it apply to this as well? I read on internet that composting sites release high amounts of bioaerosols...

If bioaerosols are being released like you mention then they can cause problems I do agree with you on that.
You should talk to the local authorities on the health risks associated with it and if they are real like you mention then you should relocate as far as I am concerned.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

And do you know what kind of problems?

Depends on the type of bioaerosols. Of particular note are respiratory infections that commonly happen with these aerosols.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it e.g.. cough/cold or anything else?

Yes that's exactly what it is i.e. symptoms like fever, cough, runny nose, phlegm, sore throat etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok. are there any e.g. long term issues so that i know what to ask the local authority?

Infections are the main concern in the long term.
So that is what you should ask the local authorities.
Dr. SH and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you