How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

i am a 75yr old male,i suffered a stroke 6yrs ago im still

Customer Question

i am a 75yr old male,i suffered a stroke 6yrs ago im still mobile but left with a bad on warfarin/statins/bloodpressure legs feel sore aching and heavy,ican hadly climb the stairs to bed at gp tells me i cant us any creams or jels that thin the blood.can you suggest something that can help with my problem
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Thomas, MD :


Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Hello, if you are talking about the limp, physical therapy
Have you had therapy?>
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive had therapy and am going to hydro pool to times a week.but im more concerned about the aching and stiffness in my legs.are there any creams or jels i can use for this problem or can u suggest other teatments i can use?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I suggest therapy.

I would try arnica cream, which can be found in any health food store, let your doctor know, but it will not interfere with your medication.


Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.