How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19331
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

having concentrated pain, left and right lower back pain that

Customer Question

having concentrated pain, left and right lower back pain that is becoming increasingly uncomfotable.. getting woken up most nights with aching
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I am Dr. Thomas, double board certified doctor in internal medicine, and in integrative medicine. I have advanced training in other fields as well. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question. Use reply to expert for continuing our conversation.
Pain in this area is usually either kidney pain from infection, or it is lower back pain from a spine/muscle problem. A disc problem for example.
Kidney infection is dangerous.
The fact that this is getting worse means you need testing tomorrow.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is not back pain or musculoskeletal, it is not all the time it is about every other day. It wakes me up every other morning. The ache is pinpoint on both sides. it doesnt hurt when i pee. but my urine is concerntrated most of the timt, no smell, no itching, just alot of aching I could point to exactly where my kidneys are

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you have given me layman terms advice then gone off line. what is the point, I payed 24 pounds to be told what i already knew and didnt expect to have an email that ended "kidney infection is dangerous". I cannot reply to you as the programe says because you "are off line". So is this a say what you think service then never mind.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am going to be reporting this to the medical board. I could quite easily do what you are doing for 24 pounds a time. where is the continuity. I can look in a bnf and spout shit for that kind of money. I am putting this down. If there are complications I have saved this, your name, company and I will take you to court . You cannot offer a service that cannot supply

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
I notice that you have relisted the question.
It will help if you could provide some further information:
Could you explain how you know that it is not a musculoskeletal problem?
Have you noticed anything that will exacerbate or ease the pain?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

because I know where my kidneys are, It is a very localised pain, Especially on the right. and the fact that it is not a conistant pain, it is a a very uncomfortable ache

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
The most common cause of pain in the area that you describe is musculoskeletal pain. Musculoskeletal pain is not always a consistent pain; it can occur intermittently and can vary in intensity. Some people may have a mild ache, while others may have more severe pain.

Kidney pain, on the other hand, is more commonly severe in nature, particularly the problems that are more urgent in nature. There are some kidney problems that can cause a mild aching, but these are generally not something that requires urgent attention.

Back pain can also occur from various diseases that affect abdominal organs, such as pancreatitis, but it is usually will have other abdominal symptoms present, rather than back pain or aching as a sole symptom.

Ultimately, it would require a proper evaluation to definitively determine the cause of the pain, but since it is most likely musculoskeletal in origin, it would be reasonable to first try an over the counter anti-inflammatory medicine, such as ibuprofen or naproxen, to see if it relieves the symptoms.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
This question appeared on the Question List again but I do not see a follow-up question. Did you have a follow-up question?