How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

How can I get help for my 33 year old daughter who has an addiction

Customer Question

How can I get help for my 33 year old daughter who has an addiction to cannabis?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You can not unless she wants help and wants to quit
does she?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think she does. She is having problems with her husband about it and I know her children are not aware of it but I worry about them too.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Not a GP
Addiction medicine specialist
12 steps
Clinical psychologist.
Those are the basic options.

Clinical psychologist and 12 steps
Psychiatrist and 12 steps.

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.