Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.

Can I take either Zyrtec or Chlorphenamine with antibiotic

Can I take either Zyrtec or Chlorphenamine with antibiotic Flucloxacillin?
Hi. There are no listed contraindications between those medications so yes, it's no problem with taking flucloxacillin with either Zyrtec or chlorpheniramine
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you: that's a relief. I have allergies to some foods, to pollen, and to dander, and I am concerned that this makes me more likely to have an allergic reaction to antibiotics. (I have never had any allergic reaction to antibiotics or any other drug.) Would taking an antihistamine make this less likely?

Taking an antihistamine can prevent an allergic reaction Ingrid. But in this case it sounds like your hives are from the cat dander and not from the antibiotic so no need to worry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My pleasure but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you Ingrid