How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49169
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have been advised to have grommets for my ear problem (diizzy

This answer was rated:

I have been advised to have grommets for my ear problem (diizzy when I move my head and pressure in my ears and nose). Is this a major problem and opperation?
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

not is not a major operation.

Dr. David :

your doctors will be putting small tubes in your ear drugs to release fluid out of your inner ear.

Dr. David :



Will I have a general anaesthetic to put in the grommets?

Dr. David :

different doctors do it differently.

Dr. David :

most likely you don't need general anesthesia.

Dr. David :

you can have conscious sedation

Dr. David and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you