How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36068
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have experienced lot of pain in my knee, shin and calf since

This answer was rated:

I have experienced lot of pain in my knee, shin and calf since January, the pain is daily and occurs when I'm resting.
When I was 11 I had a slipped Ephiasis (not sure how to spell), the last couple of years my legs paralysed it self about 5 times.
Any thoughts please?
Hi--have you had any tests to see what the problem is here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My doctor advised my tendons trap which cause the leg to paralyse, but this hasn't reoccurred for a year now. The new pain I am exceeding I haven't experienced before, I visited the doctor in march who described me a strong type of anti inflammatory, he said it sounds like ilobiital band syndrome and advise to rest, but I'm not a runner or into extreme fitness, plus my pain occurs while I rest, sit and sleep
OK Stacey. You need an MRI of the leg to check for the ITB syndrome but I would also get an MRI of your lumbar spine since this may be a lumbar disk problem. No matter the results I would send you to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a customized therapy program for the specific problem
Dr. Chip and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thankyou for your help. Am I able to go private for the MRI's instead of going through my GP? As I find my GP so unhelpful unfortunately
You need a prescription for the MRI Stacey unfortunately. You could try an urgent care physician instead. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you