How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19449
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

I have recently suffered a family believent and am finding

Customer Question

I have recently suffered a family believent and am finding it very difficult to cope and virtuality impossible to sleep.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you been seen for this as yet?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I personally think that you should be seen by your doctor, your GP and if required you should be referred to a psychiatrist.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

At the time being you do require help in the form of medications with SSRIs like citalopram as you are going through a major depressive episode and you will also most likely require medications like alprazolam to help you sleep.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have more questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Rate me when you are done.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

I have answered your question above.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Rate me for my services when you are done.
Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where can I get the medication I need? my local doctor is not very helpful and thinks councelling is the best answer but I know this is a lengthy processbans I am getting more and more upset with anxiety and sleeplessness,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
please answer my additional question
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Has your GP referred you to someone for counselling?
If so, is this a Psychiatrist or another type of counsellor?