Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States

I had a spinal leak after a c section just under 2 years ago.

I had a spinal leak after a c section just under 2 years ago. the blood patch didnt work so I lay bed ridden for sometime. Over the montgs that past it slowly faded. I am pregnant again (5 weeks) and getting slight pressure headaches at the back of my neck and ears. can a csf leak start up again, will it come back as the pregnancy progesses and if so what can ido. I have 2 children under 5, im 42 and concerned for my health and children. how dangerous could this be.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
are these headaches similar to your headaches from the spinal fluid leak?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Then yes it is very possible.
You have a few options
1)do nothing and hope it improves
2)try medication that is pregnancy safe
3)surgical intervention like another blood patch or surgery to close the hole
I would probably hold off for right now and see how it goes then try medicine first
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

am I at risk of a serious health risk? I have 2 children to consider, what could be the risk if I continue with this pregnancy. is the changes in my body whats causing this to return?

There really is no risk other than headaches
It can't hurt you.
Yes the pregnancy/hormone changes are causing the leak to come back
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will the headaches get worse as baby gets bigger

However some things get better as pregnancy continues so it is hard to say
A lot of autoimmune conditions for example get better so this might too
I would hope it would. :)
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)