How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

My 15 year old son has been diognoised with Lphs hes on the

This answer was rated:

My 15 year old son has been diognoised with Lphs he's on the floor 5 /7times a day this has been going on for 6 months his urine is still full of blood he's like a prisoner in his own home he can't walk cause he's on the floor so he won't go out please could somebody help me as I am a dessprate mother can't keep watching my son crying in pain and I can't help him I am beggin the consultant we are under I have no faith in him we are desperate is their any thing to help him
Treatment is essentially pain control.
You have not stated what medications he is on
Can you please list?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He's been on 3 bottles of oramorth and paracetamol and morthine in hospital he just on paracetamol cause I am scared of him getting addicted to oramorth he's in a lot of pain crying on the floor
Well that is the problem.
Addiction is not the concern in this disorder, and paracetamol is NOT going to control the pain.
That is why he has no life currently.
The pain must be controlled.
Has he seen a pain management specialist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When he has oramorth he's back in the pain with in the hour so to be honest that doesn't ease it neither I just don't know what else to do and feel like doctors not understand how much pain he is in
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He goes to see pain specialist on 8 December is their any other thing or any thing he can have done to get rid of this pain he list out on 16 weeks of school and won't be able to go back like this and it's he's last year
I think that you don't understand how pain needs to be treated, and you have been with holoding a relatively low dose of he might need more than the oramorth, or higher dose. For a while, even hydromorphone, ro a fentanyl patch might be needed...until this resolves itself to a degree.
Sometimes these patients need to be hospitalized and IV opiates used, then oral opiates at high dose for awhile. So that the pain does not catch up with them.
Some patients at first need high dose opiate therapy daily.
You need to work with his doctors rather than taking responsibility for his pain management from fear of addiction. He is currently under treated in my view, so give him his medicine, and if that is not enough, take him to his doctors and ask for stronger medicine, and/or a referal to a pain specialist.
This is to avoid surgical procedures such as denervation, neurectomy, etc.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My doctor has said he can't have any more oramorth it's not good for him and he was havin 20 ml so is their cures for this and if it means he has got to have a op he can cause to see him like this every day and 5 or more times a day is orful for him and for me as a mother and I can't help him he's got so down just want him to have a normal life back
There is no specific cure, but it resolves itself in many cases.
You need to give him his full dose of medications.
If it is too much for you take him to A&E and ask them to talk with his doctor.
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
You did not click a positive rating. This is the only way we can do this service, only way we are paid by JA.
Did you have another question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi just woundering if it's worth me going private with my son as he can't been Till 8 December I am so dessprate could u recermende any doctors that deal in this
No specific referral for this.
I would call the royal collage, medicine, tell them the situation, and see what they say.