How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58695
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

Hi, I have been having problems for a good while... Im 25.

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have been having problems for a good while... I'm 25. I've been getting vaginal and abdominal pain during and after intercourse. It's been happening more gradually for over a year. My pelvis also locks up sometimes. Irregular periods over the past year, ranging from 16 days, 19 days, 22 days, 25 days, sometimes 2 periods in the same month...It used to always be 28 days. A lot of the time I would have vaginal dryness with stinging/burning. Vagina sometimes can get very red and swollen that would mostly happen after intercourse. I also suffer from fatigue and dizziness. I've been to my gp a few months ago and swabs and a smear was done and everything came back normal. I have hpv and I have been waiting to see an ob/gyn since february. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Why is it taking so long to get in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure why it's taking so long. I assume there is a long waiting list. I got a text from the hospital in May asking me if I still wanted the appointment. I said yes, but I haven't heard anymore from them.

Wow you really need to see an OB GYN.
You need an exam, pelvic ultrasound and thyroid tests
This is imperative
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have you a rough idea of what could be wrong or would it be too hard to tell without doing tests first? I've been to two different doctors and they just tell me " I don't know what's wrong" or "just go on the contraceptive pill". Thank you very much for the advice :)

I suspect endometriosis or PCOS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's what I was thinking. I'll get it checked out. Thanks alot for your help. 5 stars.

You're welcome. Good luck
Please don't forget a positive. I appreciate it
Dr. Phil, MD and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)