How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36118
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

Would the TORC procedure be the solution if the problem is

This answer was rated:

Would the TORC procedure be the solution if the problem is frequent urinating due to
enlarged prostate.
Hi. The major question here is how much the symptoms of an enlarged prostate bother the patient. There are, of course, medications like Flomax and Avodart that can help shrink the gland somewhat and ease the symptoms, and those should be tried first. It sounds to me as though if anything should be tried it should be the medications. That said, the TORC procedure is indeed very effective for men with a major BPH problem
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My doctor has never suggested any medication but thank you

for your answer and I am happy with your reply.

My pleasure Jim but let me know how it goes and to register your satisfaction you need to hit the excellent ratings icon please