How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

My husband has been having involuntary movement from his stomach

Customer Question

My husband has been having involuntary movement from his stomach as if he has internal hiccups as he describes it. He saw his doctor on Friday who didn't see what was happening but said it was possibly trapped wind. This has been going on for 5 days and Disney seem to be getting Better. It is happening while he's asleep and it's making his body jerk and also when he talks. Can you please advise
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
When he saw his doctor, did he feel the symptom, but it was not something that the doctor could see? Or did he simply not have the symptom while seeing the doctor?
Do you know that it is happening while he is asleep because of the jerking of the body? Or are there other symptoms present that you can witness? If the latter, what else is present?