How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58725
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

Hi, I am an american who works on the high seas. For this

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am an american who works on the high seas. For this reason it can be up to a year before I return home to america. I was diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure in my early 30's and have been on hormone replacement therapy ever since (I am now in my late 40's). I am in Cambridge for 2 weeks and am almost out of my estradiol (2mg) and am not scheduled to return to the US for another 4 to 6 months. Is there any way I could see a UK doctor to get a refill here? I am willing to pay I just do not know how to go about this. I do not have any other health problems and have never been diagnosed with any other "female" problems. I am only comfortable with female doctors. Any advise would be welcome.
Thank you.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
this website is for advice only
we don't give medicines on this site
I am sorry about your predicament but you need to see a physician about this in person.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, i expected as much but how do i find one? preferably in cambridge but i am willing to travel if necessary

Just call the local GP office in your area
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I apologize for sounding like an idiot (comes with the nationality) but how do i find the phone number for the local gp?

Go to the NHS website and it will walk you through it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
Dr. Phil, MD and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)