How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I am not a psychiatrist but I have been looking extensively

This answer was rated:

I am not a psychiatrist but I have been looking extensively around the internet for the last 3-4 months for ideas to help my wife. She is going through desperately bad time and from all the things that I have read the sites that describe someone who is a high conflict person are a very accurate description of her. I desperately want to get her help but I want to make sure I am getting her the correct help.
first, does she want help
has she at least seen her doctor?
have you suggested she do this and get a referral?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She does say she wants help hence her turning to some "religious solutions". She knows something is very wrong and far too often her thoughts are turning to running away from everything or potentially suicide. We have brought it up before with the GP and a hospital doctor but going through this route was too slow and she did not feel she was being taken seriously - she does not have much faith in the speed or urgency of the GP\NHS system

Are you willing to pay to go private?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I mentioned again this morning that we both go an seek professional help and she seemed open to the idea

That is what you should do.
You should find a PhD clinical psychologist, who is trained in family therapy, as this is often the most powerful therapeutic approach.
You can probably go directly if you are going to pay, or, your GP can refer you officially, although that might well be slower as a process.
You have no diagnosis at this point, and without that treatment is a assessment as soon as possible is critical, and , frankly, her GP should be involved as in some cases medication is needed.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you know of any in the Hendon (north west london area) that you can reccommend?

We can not make such personal recommendations, against policy in fact. That is not in the scope of this service.
your doctor will have that authority.
You can also use this page.
Please remember a positive rating.
Come back as needed.
Best wishes.
DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you