Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States

I am desperate for a diagnosis as I am usually very fit, healthy

I am desperate for a diagnosis as I am usually very fit, healthy and lots of energy but my symptoms are really wiping me out.
I have a goitre which is painful however my T3 & T4 results are normal but TSH is low
I am thoroughly exhausted all the time
I have painful headaches every morning but I drink loads of water all day, before bed and in the morning.
I have lots of muscular aches
I am short of breath and having anxiety like feelings
I am losing hair
My theory into why I have the goitre and feeling so poorly is that I have overdosed on almonds & Cashews, I was eating 2-3 big handfuls a day for months, not realising that they are bad for you if you have too many.
My GP doesn't think that my symptoms are connected to my goitre but I disagree
Please can you give me your opinion ?
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
You have hyperthyroidism. That is obviously what is going on.
Your thyroid is going too fast making you exhausted
You need a radioactive thyroid scan.
You might need meds to suppress the thyroid or an ablation.
The almonds are likely a coincidence
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My blood tests came back normal for T3 & T4 and so my GP said that I do not have Hyperthyoidism.
I am booked to see a specialist at the hospital but when the doctor tried to refer me for a scan it was refused.

Ok. Your TSH is low though.
This indicates hyperthyroidism
I would ask your doctor to try methimazole. It will help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You're welcome. Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)