How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

Hi there. I have felt a hard small grainy lump not on my cervix

This answer was rated:

Hi there. I have felt a hard small grainy lump not on my cervix but further round the side of it. I have recently had a Pap smear which came back all clear but I am still concerned about the lump. I am also due for a colonoscopy next week due to symptoms of diarrhoea, constipation and abdominal pain. Are there walk in clinics that could examine my cervix without all the wait through the NHS and having to be referred? Can you get hard grainy lumps that are nothing to be worried about?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hard grainy lump could be a wart.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The most important thing is that your pap smear was negative.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would not worry too much at all.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

To examine your cervix, to clear doubts in your mind, you may need to see a doctor in a private clinic.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

But let me assure you that with a normal pap smear, the possibility of this being anything serious is extremely low.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you following me?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please use the textbox and the reply button.

Customer: Yes thank you. What kind of private clinics? I have a private doctor but he said my cervix was fine and couldn't see the lump. But I can feel it quite distinctly so don't want to go back to him as he'll just brush it off!
Dr. Shahzad MD :

if you have been examined then I would not worry at all.

Customer: But if thelu
Dr. Shahzad MD :

If you want a different opinion from a different doctor you can consult a different gyne/obs doctor.

Customer: but if the lump is there but he just didn't see/feel it as its further back around the side then surely he wouldn't be able to say either way?
Customer: Is it possible to see gynocogists without referral?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes I think that privately you can go.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Even without a referral.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You can call a gyne office

Dr. Shahzad MD :

and let them know if your problem and book an appointment.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

For a private consultation a referral is not mandatory at all.

Customer: Ok thanks I'll try to find one as I'm in Leeds. Have been looking on the net but the numbers are all for the main hospitals
Dr. Shahzad MD :

You should call them and let them know that you want a private consultation

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You will easily be able to get in.

Customer: Ok thank you for your help I'll give it a go
Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kindest Regards

Dr. SH and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you