How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35578
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I need to speak to a gynaecologist

This answer was rated:

I need to speak to a gynaecologist
Hi--can you tell me your question please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I noticed at the weekend small white little lumps developing on the entrance to my vagina I think it's called the vulva. They are white in colour. They are not itchy but they are painful especially when walking or sitting down. I have had the same partner for the last four years. I can send a picture if it helps.

OK Laura--yes if you could post a photo on this page that would be very helpful
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did u receive the picture?

OK Laura. They look like one of two things--either herpes or a yeast infection. You could try Monistat or Lamisil cream but the best thing to do is see a doctor and have a culture done of this. Just so you'll know, sometimes the first outbreak of herpes can occur years after first being infected
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

From what u see and what I have told u what do u think?

I think it's most likely herpes but since I can only go on the photo you need to have a culture done to be certain
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do u think it is hsv1 or hsv2?

Could be either--only testing would determine that--but most likely HSV 2
Dr. Chip and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you