How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36068
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have had red blotches on the head of my penis intermittently

This answer was rated:

I have had red blotches on the head of my penis intermittently but last night I noticed a small watery blister. The head is itchey but there is no pain on the head or in urinating. I have also noticed a small split in the foreskin where the skin appears dry. It cannot be an STD.
Hi--could you post a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. This looks like what's call balanitis--a yeast infection of the penis that men get and it's not an STD. While it would best for you to have a doctor look at this and treat it with prescription ketoconazole cream you could try Lamisil cream three times a day for a week first and if that didn't clear it up you should go ahead and have a doctor check it
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks - I will do that. The only problem with seeing my GP is that I am going on holiday next week and am not sure if I could get to see him before I go away.

Try the Lamisil for now then Chris. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you