How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ravoof Your Own Question
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6078
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ravoof is online now

I am suffering with Sciatica and the pain is dreadful. I have

This answer was rated:

I am suffering with Sciatica and the pain is dreadful. I have High Blood Pressure and have been given Co-dydramol for the pain which is not helping at all. Could you tell me the best way to treat this ailment, and is there something stronger I could take to ease the pain.?
I have to work, and am finding this very difficult.
Janet Judd
Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Medication are just a part of the treatment for this condition. What you need is physical therapy. Please consult your orthopedic doctor and a physical therapist to design an exercise and physical therapy program which will avoid further pathology and increase in the pain. This may also lead to avoidance of surgery.

Hence please get into a rehabilitation program which includes exercises to help correct your posture, strengthen the muscles supporting your back and improve your flexibility.

There are different types of medications which your doctor can prescribe and these act through different mechanisms. Hence if one type of medication is not working and giving you relief then your doctor can prescribe another.

Take care.
Dr. Ravoof and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you